Monday, September 8, 2008

Missing Home & Why!

I just want to share with you all the news Jeff and I received last week. As for all of you who know James Sweeten and his girlfriend Leah G. they got married! We thought that this event was going to take place in the Summer of 09. We were hoping to be there for James and Leah and to witness this chapter in their lives. Well, that didn't happen and we are so happy for them. If you guys are reading this "Congrats and we wish we could have been there!" We have known James all through High School and when James finally met Leah we were rooting for this event to happen! We are so proud of you guys, especially for never wanting to get married! But, we truly would have been there if we could.

The next thing on my list of things is so many of my friends are pregnant. I am going to say names so everyone knows who I am talking about. Katie Blanton who was my personal trainer and owned Stroller Strides in Fresno. We have become friends and now we email and play phone tag! She is due in October and wish I could see there "little man" after being born.

Another good friend who is pregnant is Ashley Croff Fry! I have known Ashley since the 7th grade. Even though our friendship got off coarse for a couple years, I still consider her one of my good friends. This girl could tell you things about me I don't even know! Ssshhhhhhh, don't tell Ash! But, she is due in April and I will either be on my way home from visiting California or in Mississippi when she delivers. This I would love to see the most! Our friendship sparked right before she got married, so I am thankful that I was there for that chapter in her life.

A long long buddy's sister April, who we will be friends with for a longtime to come is also due. She is due in February and Thank God I will be home for this one. Thanks for planning it so well, April! I can not wait to see your new addition and for Jackson to see his little girlfriend. Tell Mike and Ella we said he.

The very last special thing I want to share, but I am not saying names is: someone very close to me is going to have a baby. This I have dreamt about and it is finally going to happen. I am not sure when the due date is, but no matter when. I am going to be there for it or very soon after. You know who you are and I love you so much and I am so proud of you for the decision you have made. You truly are a man!

These are the things that make me miss home more then ever. It's hard enough to be away and miss the little things like: Birthdays and Birthday dinners, family gatherings and BBQ's, hanging out with our good friends (Chad & Nicole) and with my parents. Sniff, Sniff! I truly, and I know Jeff does miss these things too cause we talk about it all the time. We just stay positive and look forward to hearing from all of you! We love and miss everyone! (James and Leah, you guys have to wait on having a baby!) We can't miss that! (Sorry if this doesn't make sense or the grammar is bad, I am fighting the tears and just wanted to get this off my chest)

3 comments:

Katie Blanton said...

Ahh, I wish you were here too, but we'll just have to make the best of it! Pictures, calls, etc. go a long ways.

Miss ya!

Andy said...

I found you! :)
I totally know what you mean about missing civilization .. err, home!

Anne said...

Haha woops! Sorry! I posted above from Andy's account and didn't realize it until after I hit "send".