Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Jackson's Hernia

Children's Hospital in Birmingham, AL

Jackson riding the cow before we headed home


10/01/08: Jackson needed to be seen by the doctor again for some swollen testicles. They looked bruised, but didn't know what this all meant. Needless to say that it was more of an emergency and we ended up seeing a flight doctor on base, he then referred us out to the Imaging Center and then they sent us to Birmingham to see a specialist at the Children's Hospital, all in one day. It ended up being 2 Hernias and they are going to do surgery on Tuesday the 7Th. I will keep everyone updated through this process. Just keep Jackson in your thoughts! I am scared for him to go under. He is so small and you never know.

I am thankful Kathy has been here with us and she is going to stay until next Thursday to be with us and Jackson.

It is going to be an in and out procedure. They consider this to be some what of an emergency due to the pressure on his testicle and circulation of things in that area.


4 comments:

Traci said...

Poor Jackson (and you guys). That has to be painful! Let me know if you need anything. I can keep Bella that day if you need me to (since you will be gone most of the day I am sure).

whippetmom said...

Poor Jackson, he hasn't had an easy time of it lately!! Wish we were closer to help out any!!

dma1980 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Akins Family said...

That picture if pitiful! And I am sure Jackson is like - Dude what are you looking at!
Diddo on the help! If you need dinner or anything - let me know! Aren't you glad your MIL is here for a visit to help out! :)
(Oh that Davo is my husbands acct, so I deleted it in case you are wondering!)