Sunday, May 17, 2009

Changes for Mr. Jackson

Let me introduce you to our 2 year old, make my own decisions, sentence talking, showing interest in going potty little man. Saturday was a rainy day most of the day, but we did manage to make it out side in the morning. It was so hot and muggy that Jackson did need a bath before his nap. When Jeff was getting him dressed, Jackson told him what he wanted to wear and what shoes he wanted. The bad thing was that we weren't going anywhere. Well, he stayed in his PJ's all day and when we did decided to go to the book store he insisted that he wear this and his crocks! The only thing I could say is, "I guess we'll fit in!" My little okie!
(Fire truck pants, white t-shirt & crocks with socks)
Here is our newest purchase! Jackson is showing a lot of interest in going potty, but it's always after that fact. We just have to get him to tell us before he goes or not when he's going. I have made an effort to flush his poop in the toilet so he sees that this is where it's suppose to go. (Wow, never thought I would be talking like this!)
So we aren't stressing the issue, but we are willing to let him try!
Last but not least! Jackson is just talking up a storm and saying some pretty funny things! Jeff was calling Jackson "Sugar Lips" all weekend and now Jackson says it. I need to record him saying it a find a way to put it on here, It is so funny and cute.
He is also starting to fill in the ABC's when I am saying them to him. If I say "A" he'll say "B" this is something I am really excited about because I don't think the persistence and hard work sometimes shines through. I know it does, but this one (ABC's) seems to take the longest. At least I have a well mannered kid. He says "please" and "thank you."

Last, Jackson is sleeping by himself now! I know you're probably, "saying again," but this is the last time. Nap time isn't that great, but bedtime is getting pretty good. Ya, for Jackson!
(Sorry for the random post, just wanted to share with you!)

No comments: