Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Vocabulary of a 2 yr old

I just want to give you all an update on Mr. Jackson Blaufuss. He is getting to be such a big boy and talking up a storm these days. He is starting a MWF program at the CDC here on base (9-12). I think I am more excited about it then he is, but he'll survive! I never thought I would be putting my child in a half day program, but I need a break too!

Jeff did ask me last night if it bothered me that someone else would be raising/taking care of him. I said no one else is raising him and No, it doesn't bother me that someone else will be taking care of him. So, I asked Jeff the same and he simply said, "No, you need your breaks!"

So here are the things I want to share with you. As we all know, kids can say the darnest things and Jackson surely does surprise us sometimes. He's been telling me that there's a MONSTER in his closet. Where in the heck did that come from and where did he get that?

Lately, Jackson has been laying in bed and pretending to be asleep and snoring. It is the funniest thing ever and all I can do is just laugh. Most days we just laugh, but boy have the terrible twos hit! That's a whole different topic and blog in it's self! LOL

He has also been watching the movie Cars a lot. So now when we get in the car, he says "go fast" and I say, "what happens if you go fast" he says, "wu get a ticket!" It is so freaking cute!

Today they had a fire drill at the CDC and Mrs. Jessica said that Jackson was so excited to see the fire truck and the firemen. She said he stood right by her while they were all lined up at the fence and kept saying, "fireman." Ever since I picked him up, all he's been saying is, "I wanna be a fireman." Fireman, Pilot, which one is it!

I also love that now he is figuring out his body and is trying to figure out the whole potty thing. He says he wants to go pee pee in the potty, but when we go and undress and stand there, he says "all done!" So, I will keep trying! He also wants to tickle Jeff and I. He says tickle, tickle, tickle and tries to tickle us. I guess you can say we tickle to much!

I just can't believe how much they change after they turn 2. Jeff was just saying last night that he wishes he could freeze Jackson at this age. They are just so fun and so cute! I can't wait to see what his vocabulary expands to and how creative his imagination will be. We truly have been blessed with a beautiful, loving, smart and just a great child.

No comments: