Yesterday we spent the day with Kim and Ashlyn who we have become really good friends with here! We all went to the zoo and had a great time! I really liked the Tucson Zoo, it was really clean and small enough to do in 2 hours. Pretty basic, but perfect for the kids! They didn't have a reptile room and I had heard that they had a tropical fish exhibit, but didn't see one. Overall, I would take him again and it was pretty cheap! The only thing we missed was the 10 o'clock feeding for the giraffes:( Jackson would have loved it. I remember my grandparents taking me to the Fresno Zoo when I was younger and my grandpa had put me on his shoulders and this huge giraffe came down and took the leaves out of my hand! I still remember that long blackish tongue! I will have to take Jackson back so he can do that, I think he would really enjoy it!
Jackson & Ashlyn
Looks like the tiger would enjoy him!
Taking a photo break before we saw the elephant! What a cute elephant too!
Don't you just want to stick your hand out and pet this guy! Kim & I both thought he looked so sweet!
Have you ever touched a hedgehog? Well, we did! This little guy wasn't to thrilled about being petted! He would jump and do his hiding maneuver! It was really cute and he was pretty poky! I told Jeff I wanted one as a pet! lol
We walked through the bird exhibit and saw some pretty birds (to many to put on here) but this guy is worth it since we see their relatives all the time! I have never seen this bird before, but it's a Blue-crowned Pigeon! Who would have figured, it comes from New Guinea.
Just one of the Giraffes eating and checking things out.
Now what about this Albino Peacock, have you ever seen one of these? Not me! He was actually really pretty and angelic looking. He was just hanging out with the rhinos and doing his little dance for the lady walking around. She didn't seem to interested, maybe she didn't like his style or lack of!




2 comments:
David's Aunt actually does have hedgies for pets sometimes....she takes them in when people get them and don't know what they are getting in too! And yes they are prickly! :)
Looks like fun. I can't wait to take the kids to our zoo, I love the zoo! I LOVE you're new background! I wish I had seen it first ;-) lol
Post a Comment