Friday, June 22, 2012

Kindergarten Prep

Our big boy will be going to school in August and boy is he ready. Always wanting to learn and always has so many questions.

We had a parent teacher conference before his VPK class ended and the teacher told me he needed to work on his hand writing, so that's what we will do while he is on summer vacation. We will also be reviewing and learning some new things as well.

While we were at Target we picked up a workbook and a few other supplies. I put 3 to 6 pages together for him to do everyday for the month of July. We have done a packet everyday per Jackson's request. He loves doing them and can't wait to do the next.

Each packet has a letter, number, math and science or social studies worksheet. The further along he gets the harder they'll be.

Here is the workbook we picked up. We will do a packet a day and some kind of craft.

Here is his happy face while doing the packet. We sit together and with little help from me he does it. I simply read him the directions and watch him go to work. His hand writing needs a lot of work, so I've been helping him with that a lot! Hopefully by the time he starts school it will be better.

Trying to get him to concentrate and color in the lines instead of rushing through it.


I just hope that he enjoys school and doesn't struggle like I did. I hated school from an early age. Playing was so much fun and I just hope he doesn't turn out that way. He is so smart and I can see him being very successful when he's of age.

No comments: