Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Update On Mr. Jackson's Life These Days

Mr. Jackson has definitely been through a lot of change in the past few months. We left Jeff in October to finish training in MS, we stayed with lots of family members, moved and now that we are getting settled, we started making him sleep on his own in his room!

The start of all of this is when we left Jeff, I thought that Jackson would be fine with the separation but who was I kidding. My poor son missed his daddy and it really started to show when we had some knock down fighting matches, I think all of the moving around and staying here and there didn't help. He threw some nasty temper tantrums and I seriously thought I was going to loose it. Being pregnant I physically and emotionally thought I had my last straw with his little attitude. This was just about the time for Jeff to finish up and come home, so thank god for that. Since being back with Jeff we haven't had as much of the attitude, but he does resist timeouts and on occasion he will hit when he gets mad. I honestly would rather have these little faults then the kicking, punching and screaming at the top of his lungs that we had at my dads. Someone did tell me that the 3s get worse!

After we moved and were back together in our own home things have gotten a lot better but Jackson still has his tantrums. I am guessing this is all apart of the terrible 2s!

I know this is like the 3rd or 4th time that we have tried to get Jackson to sleep in his own bed, but this is the last time. He is a snuggler and when we sleep he is right next to me or practically on top of me. He does stay in one spot, no flipping or kicking so that has always been a plus. But now that I am pregnant and starting to get uncomfortable at night I just can't handle it anymore. Especially when we bring home our little man and I am getting up to nurse in the middle of the night. Besides, it's time for him to be a big boy!

I starting telling him a couple of months ago that when we move he was going to have to sleep in his bed like a big boy. He would say ok and that would be the end of it. I tried to prep him that way it wouldn't be such a surprise. He was also seeing some cartoons like Little Bill and Olivia and they were going to bed by themselves. He was aware of this and would say, "I want to do that." So last week on Sunday we started putting him to bed by himself. It was rough for the first few day. We went through the whole 2-3 hours of walking him back to his room and then it got to the point that he wouldn't even listen or stay in his room. So my last resort was to lock him in his room. Luckily there is a key to unlock it from the outside, but he has no clue how to open it from the inside of his room. A friend suggested putting a baby gate up instead of locking him in his room, but if you know Jackson this wouldn't work. I would have to block the door way from ground up. He would climb over it. So needless to say I only locked him in the for a couple minutes at a time. He finally would get tired and give in. So, the last two days have been so easy! He goes to bed and has woken up once in the night and I go back in to tuck him in and sit in the computer room for a few minutes and walla! Nighty! Night for all of us!
It is so nice to be able to lay next to Jeff and not have Jackson there. We miss him sleeping with us, but it's for the best.

I think from all of the lack of sleep my body finally gave in and decided to get a cold. So I am fighting that now.
Here are a couple of pictures I took of him yesterday.

Stacking his letters
It's so funny to see boys play! Jackson would stack them and then just knock them down.
Jeff and I are going to enroll him in a 2 day a week daycare over by Jeff's work! Jackson is super excited about this. They have a few different rooms for learning and then their regular classroom. They have a library, a science room, forecast and music room in 1 class, a dress up room with a bank, grocery store, fire station, etc and they can dress up while playing. There is also a rec room with 3 big aquariums that he loved when we did the walk threw. We are also going to an introductory class on Thursday at Little Gym. I enrolled him in this right after he turned 1 and I think it did wonders on his motor skills, climbing, balance and self confidence. We are signed up for a sports class this time! It's time to keep him super busy and lots of learning!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm so proud of Jackson! He's a "big boy" now!!

Traci said...

That daycare sounds great! I am so glad he is in his bed now.